Alphabet Letter V Volcano
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter V > Community Helpers &
Careers > Volcanologist | Environmental
Education | Science
This activity #3 is part of Impact Poster Letter V lesson plan.
Science > Volcano
1. A volcano is an opening in the earth's crust through which melted rock, ash, and gases are forced out.
2. A volcano is a mountain or hill made from the melted rock that builds up around such an opening.
1. Community Helper and Careers > Volcanologist
2. Videos of erupting volcanoes
Alphabet Activities > Letter V is for Volcano
Present and display the color poster and your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
For children that already have had some practice tracing letter V, distribute story paper. Encourage them to draw a volcano, and practice writing the letter independently.
Finger and Pencil Tracing:Trace letter V's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter V's: Have the children find all the letter V's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter V words: Letter V Worksheet and Mini Book These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related V words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter V words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other V posters and coloring pages or even make a letter V classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter V Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter V Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four word search game features a volcano and letter V words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a volcano behind the page or print this volcanologist working.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a volcano and write letter V v.