Alphabet > Letter A | Holidays & Events> May > Transportation Month | Safety > Emergency 911 | Transportation > Land transport
Alphabet Letter A Ambulance
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
| Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter A. Review related topics
in the themes column.
This is Activity Day #8 of Letter A Impact Poster Lesson Plan
Transportation > Ambulance >
An ambulance is a vehicle to carry and transport injured or ill people to a hospital. There are land, water, and air ambulance vehicles: trucks, vans, airplanes, helicopters, boats, ships, etc.
Related activities > Safety > Emergency 911 >
Visit this activity to learn about what to do in an emergency and proper method to call 911. Discuss what is an ambulance and how it is important to community helpers - EMS (Emergency Medical Services) and land transportation. Practice recognizing, dialing and writing numbers 911 in an emergency.
Alphabet Activity > Letter A is for Ambulance
Distribute your option of letter A alphaabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter A coloring page Standard block or D'Nealian and an ambulance coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter A words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter A's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the ambulance coloring page and write 911. letter A a and the word ambulance inside the image.
Children Ages 3+ to 6 > Letter A words >short a sound > Letter A Worksheet and Mini-Book: These materials can be used as part of a program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter A's: Have the children find all the letter A's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet.
Discuss other letter A words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other A posters and coloring pages or even make a letter A classroom book. Visit letter A printable activities to make your choice.
Letter A Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The eight word search game features an ambulance and letter A words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to write letter A and draw an ambulance behind the page or print anambulance coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate an ambulance and write letter A a.