Alphabet Letter C Car
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Holidays and Events > May > Transportation Month
Online jigsaw puzzles > Alphabet
Transportation | Travel & Vacations > Land transport
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter C.
Transportation > Car
A car is also called an automobile. A car is a vehicle with four wheels that is powered by a motor that uses gasoline, other fuel or by electricity. A car is used on roads to carry people.
Alphabet Activity > Letter C is for Car
Present the letter C car six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter C in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display this cute color poster of a car and your option of letter C printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print and distribute this letter C Car coloring page. Discuss other letter C words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter C's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter C's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the car image.
Children Ages 3+ to 6 - Alphabet - beginning letter C (hard C like K)
1. Letter C Car Flash Card and Car Craft > Visit this activity to recognize, trace letter C and make a car craft.
2. Present the Letter C Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related words.
Discuss other letter C words found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter C classroom book. For related images visit: Letter C Printable Activities.
*Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter C's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter C's: Have the children find all the letter C's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter C Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The four and eight word search game features a car and letter C words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a car behind the page or print a car coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a car and write letter C c.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/c/car.htm|