Letter C Cow Theme
Instructions and Suggestions
Letter C > C is
Animals > Mammals >
Farm > Cow
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter C.
1. Animals > Mammals > Farm > Cattle > Cow
Cattle are large mammals raised on farms or ranches for their milk or meat. Female cattle are called cows. Male cattle are called bulls. Young cattle are called calves. The ox and the yak are kinds of cattle.
Visit the cow theme lesson plan activities for animal facts, online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
2. Alphabet Activity > Letter C is for Cow
Present the letter C cow six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter C in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display your option of letter C printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter C coloring page in standard block or D'Nealian font and a cow coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter C words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter C's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter C's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the cow coloring page and write letter C c and the word cow on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter C (hard C like K)
1. Present the Letter C Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter C words: The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of a Letter C program of activities to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related C words.
Discuss other letter C words (long e sound) and images (refer to activity worksheet above): First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with examples. You can print letter C in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter C posters and coloring pages or make a letter C classroom book. For related images visit: Letter C Printable Materials.
*Finger and Pencil Tracing:
*Trace letter C's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter C's: Have the children find all the letter C's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter C's and then discuss the locations with the poster and worksheet.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a cow behind the page or print a cow coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a cow and write letter C c.
Letter C Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and eight word search game features the cow and letter C words with pictures and handwriting practice.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/c/cow.htm