Alphabet Letter D Daisy
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Letter D > D is for Daisy
Holidays & Events >
April > Nat'l Garden Month
May 1st > May Day | Flower Month
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter D. The presentation ideally should be part of daisy, flower or garden themed activities and/or crafts.
Activity 1: Plants > Flowers > Daisy
The daisy is the birthday flower for the month of April. Learn a little about the daisy and view real images of this pretty flower.
Activity 2: Alphabet Letter D is for Daisy
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print letter D coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a daisy coloring image behind it or attach next to letter D. Discuss other letter D words found on the worksheet and word search.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can color and trace the letter D's. After completing the letter coloring, encourage children to color the daisy image. Write the word daisy on the finished coloring page.
Children ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter D sound
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter D's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter D's: Have the children find all the letter D's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter D's and then discuss the locations with the poster.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter D words (initial consonant sound): Letter D Activity Worksheet and Mini Book This worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of Letter D program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related D words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter D words and images: First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with example. You can print letter d in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other D posters and coloring pages or even make a letter D classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter D Printable Materials to make your choice.
Ages 5+ and older:
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a daisy behind the lined paper or print a daisy coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color daisies and practice writing letter D d.
Letter D Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The eight word search game features the daisy and letter D words with pictures and handwriting practice.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/d/daisy.htm|