Alphabet Letter E Eagle
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter E (long sound). The presentation
ideally should be part of eagle
This activity is part of the Bible Alphabet A to Z available in D'Nealian and Standard block handwriting formats.
Animals > Birds > Eagle
The eagle is a large bird of prey with a strong, curved beak and very good eyesight. Eagles hunt and eat small animals and fish. They are related to hawks but are usually larger. Some kinds of eagles are endangered.
Online resources > National Geographic Kids > Bald Eagle | Wikipedia.org > Bald Eagle | Eagle
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Eagle > Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with an eagle image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activities > Letter E is for Eagle
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
The activity can be enhanced by using a eagle printable craft as a learning helper and "assistant."
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter E's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter E's: Have the children find all the letter E's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
* Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet. Glue some craft feathers to the eagle.
Present the Letter E Worksheet Program > Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display letter posters and coloring pages or even make a letter E classroom book with letter E printable activities.
Children ages 4+:
Letter E Word Search: The four word search game features the eagle and letter E words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an eagle behind the lined paper or select and print an eagle coloring page behind the lined-paper to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an eagle and practice writing letter E e.
|Alphabet > Letter E | Animals > Birds > Eagle | Bible > Alphabet > Isaiah 40:31 | Holidays & Events > Jan 5th > National Bird Day - May 4th > Bird day - USA patriotic holidays > Bald eagle - National symbol | Online jigsaw puzzles > Eagle|