Alphabet Letter E Eel
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
|Alphabet > Letter E |
Animals > Ocean |
Aquatic > Fish > Eel | Holidays
& Events > Jun 8 > World Oceans Day - Jun > Zoo and
Aquarium Month | Dec 27th > Visit
the Zoo Day |
Numbers > Eel number two-2 worksheet
Animals > Ocean or Freshwater > Fish > Eel
The eel is a long fish that looks like a snake. Eels live in freshwater and salt water. The electric eel is not a true eel.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Eel > Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with an eel image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activity > Letter E is for Eel
Present and display this fun color poster of an eel and your option of letter E printable activities in the materials column.
Children age 3 and under:
* Print letter E coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and an eel coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter E words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter E's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter E's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the eel coloring page and write letter E e and the word eel on the margins.
Children ages 3+:
Present the Letter E Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Display letter E posters and coloring pages or make a letter E home or classroom book with letter E printable activities.
Children ages 5+:
Letter E Word Search and Handwriting: A four word search game features the eel and letter E words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw an eel behind the page or print a eel coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color an eel and write letter E e. Share some images of a real eel to inspire the children.
Additional activities> Numbers > Eel Theme Number Two Worksheet > Practice counting and writing number two.