Letter G Garden
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter G (hard G sound).
Distribute your option of G alphabet printable activities listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter G coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a garden coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter G words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their oloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter G's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the garden image. Write letter G g and the word garden on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter G sound
Present the Letter G Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Discuss other letter G words and images in the worksheet. You can also display other G posters and coloring pages or even make a letter G classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit letter G alphabet printable activities to make your choice.
Letter G Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The eight word search game features the word garden and letter G words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a garden behind the lined paper or print a gardening coloring page to color and decorate after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a garden and handwriting practice.