Letter G Goat
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter G > G is for Goat
Animals > Mammals > Farm > Goat
Holidays and Events >
* Jan. or Feb. > Chinese New Year
* October 2nd > World Farm Animals
Online Jigsaw Puzzles > Alphabet >
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter G (hard G sound).
Animals > Mammals > Farm | Wild > Goats
Review the goat theme lesson plan and crafts to present information, images and other activities and crafts.
Alphabet Activity > Letter G is for Goat
Present the letter G goat six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter G in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Present and display this cute color poster of a goat. Distribute your option of G alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter G coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a goat coloring image behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter G words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter G's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the goat image. Write the word goat on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter G sound
1. Present the Letter G Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter G words: The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of Letter G program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
*Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter G's and then discuss the locations with the worksheet.
Discuss other letter G words and images: First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with example. You can print letter G in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other G posters and coloring pages or even make a letter G classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter G Alphabet Printable Materials to make your choice.
Letter G Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and eight word search game features the goat and letter G words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw a goat behind the lined paper or print a goat coloring page to color and decorate after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a goat scene and handwriting practice.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/g/goat.htm|