Letter G Grapes Theme
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter G (hard G sound).
Plants > Fruit > Grapes
Review the the grapes theme lesson plan and craft to present nutritional information, a craft and other activities about this fruit.
Alphabet Activity > Letter G is for Grapes
Present and display your choice of printable activities listed in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print letter G coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block font and a grapes coloring page 1 or 2 behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter G words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter G's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the grapes image. Write the word grapes on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter G sound
1. Present the Letter G Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter G words: The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of Letter G program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related G words.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter G's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter G's: Have the children find all the letter G's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter G's and then discuss the locations with the worksheet.
Discuss other letter G words and images: First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board). You can print letter G in a different bright color to make it stand out. Display other G posters and coloring pages or make a letter G classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter G Alphabet Printable Materials to make your choice.
Letter G Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The eight word search game features grapes and letter G words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw grapes behind the lined paper or print a grapes coloring page to color and decorate after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color grapes and handwriting practice.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/g/grapes.htm