Alphabet Letter T Tiger
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Alphabet > Letter T > T is for Tiger
Animals > Endangered > Mammals > Tiger
Here are printable materials and some suggestions to present letter T.
Visit the tiger theme lesson plan activities for animal facts, online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
Alphabet Activities > Letter T is for Tiger
Present the letter T tiger six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter T in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Children age 3 and under >
* Print a letter T coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a tiger coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing:
Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter T's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the teddy bear coloring page. Write the word tiger on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6:
Alphabet - beginning letter T
1. Present the Letter T Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Letter T words: The worksheet and matching mini-book can be used as part of a Letter T program of activities to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related T words.
Discuss other letter T words and images (refer to activity worksheet above): First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with examples. You can print letter T in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display letter T posters and coloring pages or make a letter T classroom book. For related images visit: Letter T Printable Materials.
*Finger and Pencil Tracing:
*Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet. Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter T's: Have the children find all the letter T's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter T's and then discuss the locations with the poster and worksheet.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice
The four and six word search game features a tiger and letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a tiger behind the page or print a tiger coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a toad and write letter T t. Share some images of a real tigers to inspire the children.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/t/tiger.htm|