Alphabet Letter W Woodpecker
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Worksheets and Craft
Themes > Alphabet > Crafts > Letter W |
Animals > Birds > Endangered
Animals > Forest |
Holidays & Events > Jan 5th >
National Bird Day - May 4th > Bird Day
Animals > Bird > Endangered > Forest > Woodpeckers
A woodpecker is a bird with a hard, pointed bill for making holes in trees to find insects to eat and to communicate. Their strong claws and stiff tails help them climb trees. Woodpecker are of many different sizes and are found around the world. Online resources > Woodpecker @ Wikipedia.org
Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Woodpecker > Skills: Problem solving, bilingual English and Spanish
Here is an online puzzle the children will enjoy with a fun woodpecker image. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the change cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Alphabet Activities > Letter W is for Woodpecker
Present and display this cute color poster and your option of printable activities in the materials column.
Children Age 3 and under >
* Print a letter W coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a woodpecker coloring image 1 or 2 behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter W words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter W's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter W's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the woodpecker image and write the word woodpecker on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6: Present the Letter W Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related W words.
Display letter W posters and coloring pages or make a letter W classroom book. For related images visit: letter W printable activities.
Letter W Word Search: The four word search game features a woodpecker and letter W words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a woodpecker behind the page or print a woodpecker coloring image 1 or 2 image.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a woodpecker and write letter W w. Share some images of real woodpeckers to inspire the children.
Crafts > DLTK's Printable Woodpecker Craft > This printable craft showcases a pileated woodpecker, and it is assembled using a toilet paper tube.
Online Jigsaw Puzzle Woodpecker
Age 3 and under
Letter W coloring page
Letter W Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & writing paper
Woodpecker coloring pages
1 | 2 | 3
Letter W Woodpecker