Frogs and Toads
Alphabet > *Letter F > F is for Frog
*Letter T > Toad
Animals > Amphibians > Endangered > Frogs and Toads
Arts & Crafts > Frogs and Toads > I Can Decorate a Frog & a Toad
Holidays and Events >
April > National Frog Month
Online Jigsaw Puzzles
Online stories > Frogs
Learn all about frogs and toads at the Franklin Institute with this great online story project Something Froggy. Click on your choice of primary version (K-3) or junior version. Along the way are various printable resources and activities for different age levels (note some external links are broken).
Organize your frog and toad theme activities for a number of days:
1. What is an amphibian? Amphibians include frogs, toads and salamanders.
2. The Frog Cycle: the reproduction and growth development of frogs and toads
Preschoolers: The frog cycle of a Red-Eyed Tree Frog
Kindergarten to 2nd Grade: The Frog Cycle
3. The differences between a frog and a toad.
4. Where does the tree frog live? In the trees of the rainforest. Frederick, a bull frog lives in freshwater ponds, lakes, and marshes. (Forest | Wetlands)
5. Do an art or craft project to demonstrate:
a. the differences between a toad and a frog by creating different textures and/or
b. the frog cycle (metamorphosis)
Activity: Viewing and Listening to Frogs and Toads
Younger children can enjoy just looking at frog and toad images and listening to the sounds they make. Imitate the sounds. Visit here:
National Geographic Kids Creature Feature:
* American Bull Frog > freshwater ponds, lakes, and marshes
* Poison Dart Frog > rain forest
* Red-Eyed Tree Frog > rain forest
* Cane Toad > grasslands
Activity: Online Jigsaw Puzzles Activity > Frog | Toad
Skills: Problem solving skills, computer skills > using the mouse, bilingual English - Spanish
Here is an online jigsaw puzzle the children will enjoy featuring a frog on a lily pad and a toad. The default puzzle is 6 pieces. Click on the Change Cut button to change shape and number of pieces.
Activity: Crafts > I Can Decorate a Frog and a Toad (coloring pages or printable crafts)
1. This activity helps children to learn the physical differences between a frog and a toad in an simple art activity in which they can use a variety of materials and create different textures (sensory experience: smooth and bumpy) on a coloring page or printable craft.
Activity: Alphabet Printable Lesson Plan Activities for > Letter F Frog or Letter T Toad
Activity: Read a frog theme story, poem or song
Visit the frog theme for online stories suitable for young children. Include a selection of children's literature from your local library.
To view updates to these activities visit: