|Alphabet > Letter E | Animals > Mammals > Endangered > Elephant | Books > Elephant theme | Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo &
Aquarium Month - Sep 22nd >
Elephant Appreciation Day
Activities > Science
& Social Studies > Learning about Elephants
Encourage a discussion and dialogue:
Discuss some simple facts about elephants.
- Demonstrate the elephant
images in the poster and a coloring version.
- Ask the children if they have ever seen a real elephant and discuss
- What do they know about elephants.
- Do they have a favorite story or book / TV elephant
- Read the animal facts in the poster.
Online resources >
Activity > Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Elephant
- The elephant is an enormous
mammal with a very long nose called a trunk.
- Elephants have curved tusks,
huge floppy ears, and four long thick legs.
- Elephants use their trunks to
pick up food, drink water, smell, hug or lift things.
- They use their tusks to dig
- Elephants travel in herds
eating tons of plants every day.
- Elephants exhibit
emotions: joy, grief, love, compassion.
- African elephants are the
largest mammals that live on land.
- Indian elephants are smaller
and can be trained to work with people.
- The African and Asiatic elephant are endangered.
Present this cute six-piece online
jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving. Adjust number or pieces using the Change
Cut button on the left.
Activity > Online Story > The Bossy Elephant
Meet Elias the Elephant and his other animal friends in Africa, and some really great book recommendations.
color poster or flashcards
Elephant online jigsaw puzzle
Bilingual - English & Spanish
Online story time