Wolf Theme Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Alphabet > Crafts > Letter W |
Animals > Mammals > Endangered Animals > Forest > Wolf |
Online story time > Fables > Fairy
Young children will have fun exploring the wolf, making a craft, reading a classical fairy tale or a fable and much more. Printable support materials and links to related activities are provided. Let's get started.
The wolf theme is appropriate for many educational topics listed in the themes column.
Activity: Science & Social Studies > Geography: Learning about Wolves > Endangered Animals
Many species of animals are endangered.
There is a lot negative myths associated to the wolf because of the way it has been portrayed in folk tales, fairy tales and fables such as Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Little Pigs and others.
These species of wolves are endangered > Gray wolf, Maned wolf, Red wolf
Science and Social Studies objectives:
* Understand that people need to respect animal and plant life, natural resources and their habitats.
* Identify ways people help protect these living things so that they are not endangered or become extinct.
* Define and understand the terms:
- extinct: to die out, there aren't any left alive
- endangered species: when an animal or plant species is in danger of becoming extinct.
* Identifying an endangered animal: gray or red wolf (USA)
* Identifying at least one endangered animal in your geographical area: country or region. Learn a few basic facts about this animal.
Where to start?
Ask children what they know about wolves, or if they have seen pictures or read stories that have an wolf character. Ask children if they have heard about endangered animals or extinct animals, and what these terms mean to them. Keep notes of their responses.
Basic facts about wolves:
Online resource: Wolf at Wikipedia.org
We need to take care of wolves, because these are endangered (review and define) and could become extinct (review and define). People around the world are dedicated to protecting wolves and their habitats.
Activity: Alphabet Letter W Wolf lesson plan printable activities
Activity: Wolf printable crafts
1. Printable wolf craft Ages 3+ (assembled with toilet paper tube)
2. Wolf paper bag craft
Before craft assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested for the craft which may include:
1. Math | Colors: Identifying colors, number and count the craft templates.
Skills developed during craft assembly: Scissor cutting and coloring (precursors to handwriting), problem solving, fine motor skills.
All you need is a printer, paper or construction paper, glue stick, scissors and something to color with.
Activity: Wolf Coloring Page for Puppets and Display
This coloring page can be printed on sturdy card stock paper to make a puppet.
Color, cut out and attach a craft stick to the back. View all wolf coloring pages.
Activity: Online story time > Fairy Tales and Fable:
Story time lesson plan activities featuring the wolf:
1. Fairy tale: Little Red Riding Hood
2. Fairy tale: The Three Little Pigs
3. Aesop's Fable: The Shepherd Boy and the Wolf [The Boy Who Cried Wolf]
4. Aesop's Fable: The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Activity: Online Jigsaw Puzzle > Wolf
Skills > Problem solving, computer skills (mouse).
Present the fun wolf six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving. Adjust number of pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Letter W Wolf printable activities
Wolf coloring pages
Wolf online jigsaw puzzle
Wolf tube craft
Wolf paper bag craft