Letter P Prayer Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter P is for Prayer.
This activity is part of the Bible alphabet A to Z available in
block handwriting formats.
Alphabet Activity: Alphabet Letter P is for Prayer
Present and display your option of printable materials listed in the materials column.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter P's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter P's: Have the children find all the letter P's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
*Coloring activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter P words: Letter P Worksheet and Mini Book
These materials can be used as part of Letter P program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related letter P words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter P words and images found on the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other P posters and coloring pages or even make a letter P classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit letter P printable activities to make your choice.
Letter P Word Search & Handwriting Practice > The word search game features letter P words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color an image or scene of praying behind the lined paper or print this coloring page of Jesus praying with text | no text.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color an image or scene of praying and practice writing letter P p.
Activities > Bible > Prayer theme
Bibles passages on prayer > Jesus' Teaching on Prayer, Luke 11:1-13
Jesus Prays on the Mount of Olives - Luke 22:39-46 > coloring page: with text | no text
The Lord listens when I pray to him. Psalm 4:3
External resources > Teacher's guides at DLTK-bible.com featuring printable crafts and activities.
1. Teacher's Guide > The Lord's Prayer: Combines the Christian message of the Lord's prayer and the Bible story of Matthew 6:5-15.
2. Teacher's Guide > Jesus Prays: Combines the Christian message of Jesus at the Garden of Gethsemane and Peter's betrayal. The Bible story found in Matthew 26 and Luke 22.
Letter P Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & writing
Drawing | Writing paper
|Bible Alphabet > Letter P | Bible Coloring Pages|