Frogs and Toads - Arts and Craft Activity
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Letter F > F is for Frog
Letter T > T is for Toad
Amphibians > Frog and Toad Theme
Arts and Crafts > Frog & Toad > I can decorate a Frog and a Toad
Books > How Do They Grow - Frog
Activity: Read and discuss materials about amphibians: frogs and toads
Activity: I Can Decorate a Frog and a Toad (coloring pages or printable craft)
1. This art activity helps children to learn the physical differences between a frog and a toad in a simple art activity in which they can use a variety of materials and create different textures (smooth and bumpy) on a coloring page or printable craft.
2. Method 1: print two coloring pages - one for a frog and the other for a toad (proceed to step 3)
Method 2: Assemble a printable craft and decorate with additional
materials to create the texture of a toad or frog.
3. The child is going to color or paint and decorate one coloring to resemble a frog and the other image to look like a toad.
4. Note the main physical differences to help guide child to decorate the coloring pages or decorate the craft templates:
Toads: they are all fat and round and have short legs and dry, warty skin. They are generally mottled brown or gray, often with dark spots.
Frogs: Their skin is smooth and moist. They are in a variety of colors, from brown, red, green, and other colors, and with stripes or dark spots.
5. To help children make the image look like a toad provide shades of brown, gray and black paint or other coloring materials. Glue any materials that will make the surface appear bumpy, look at the suggested list of materials (most in your kitchen).
6. For the frog image, it is just a matter of choosing any of the color mentioned to decorate the page. Adding a few drops of white liquid glue to the paint will dry to a smooth shiny texture.
7. I suggest you write the word frog in large letters on the page and the same for the toad page.
8. Once the images are dry you can also cut around them and hang with a string or ribbon.
Activity: Alphabet Printable Lesson Plan Activities > Letter F Frog or Letter T Toad
*two sheets of white paper