Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Activity 1 and 2: Learn about Insects & Butterflies
Online presentations and resources about Insects > caterpillar to butterflygrowth stages coloring book
Activity 3: Alphabet > B is for Butterfly This is a great opportunity to introduce or practice letter B is for butterfly with various printable activities.
Activity 4: Butterfly Crafty Ideas:
Crafty idea 1: Butterfly MaskMaterials: 1 sheet paper any light color, coloring & painting tools, scissors, unsharpened pencil or drinking straw, glue, and other items mentioned below
- Print this simple butterfly template on card stock or construction paper.
- Use any left over materials such as scraps of construction paper, wrapping paper, tissue paper, aluminum foil, buttons, pom poms, sequins, dried flowers (petals), potpourri, etc. to decorate and paste on the butterfly template, or
- Decorate with paint, crayons markers, dot markers or ink pad thumbprints.
- Cut out and position in front of children face and mark to make eye openings.
- Attach a craft stick or unsharpened pencil to hold it.
Crafty idea 2: Butterfly Flyer Kite:Easiest Kite: A simple paper fold kite
This small kite is ready in a couple of minutes after gathering a couple of materials.
Materials: 1 sheet of standard copier paper (any color), ruler, thread, stapler, hole punch, scotch tape, pencil, coloring tools
- Print a butterfly coloring page image on the standard piece of paper (any color) or,
- encourage the children to make an original drawing of a butterfly.
- After children have colored the image follow the simple instructions to make easy small kite.
- Visit the kite theme for related activities.
Drawing and Writing:
Why not brainstorm a little with the children and write individual or a classroom poem with a butterfly or caterpillar theme, and/or practice writing letter B or C. Print drawing and writing paper or lined- writing paper to save and preserve the poem.