Alphabet > *Letter
F > F is for Farmer
*Digraph Sh >
Sh is for Shepherd
Farm > Cow
Colors > Blue
Community Helpers > Farmer
Crafts > Shapes
> Easy Shapes Little Boy Blue Farmer or Shepherd
& Events >
2nd is World Farm Animals Day
12th is Farmer's Day
* Nov. > Thanksgiving
This craft is to introduce the
farmer or the shepherd.
The craft features a young farmer or shepherd in blue overalls
asleep in the hay to tie in with the nursery rhyme Little
The craft provides shapes practice and focusing on the color
Activity #1 Alphabet: Present Letter F is for Farmer
and information about the Farmer as a Community Helper.
Consonant Digraph Sh Shepherd
Activity #2 The Farmer: Little Boy Blue
Nursery Rhyme Rebus and Music
*This craft is good opportunity to review the topic of
the farmer as a community helper.
* Discuss that Little Boy Blue
is a young farmer (a boy), and further discuss a farmer's responsibilities
and how important they are to the community and the world at large.
*Tell the children they will make a fun Little Boy Blue sleeping in
Activity #3: Farmer: Easy Shapes Little Boy Blue Craft
* In this activity
children will have fun practicing shapes: circle (face), oval (the
hay template), squares (body) and rectangle (legs and arms).
* Print the templates in your choice of color or black and
white in the materials column.
* Template 1: Color (if applicable) and cut the pieces for Little Boy Blue and cut through the
dividing line to separate the outline.
* Ask and help child to identify the shapes Talk about
the different shades of blue.
* Encourage child to glue the template pieces to the body
* When Little Boy Blue is assembled cut around and then glue
Little Boy Blue
to "sleep" over the hay mat template (suggest to color the
mat in different shades of yellow & brown). You can also
have the children glue some real hay, or cut-up raffia, construction paper in a
coordinating color to the hay mat first and then glue Little Boy
Blue on top (beige, brown).
* There is a small marking on the hay mat marking to use a hole
punch to insert a piece of yarn, string or raffia to hang as a
* To reinforce, read and sing the rhyme at least once a day during the
week using the rhyme poster and finished craft.
*Present letter Ff is for Farmer with the ideas and materials
* Place the finished craft in a place of honor at child's eye
Additional Activities: Farmer Coloring Book
*Little Boy Blue
Coloring Page without text
Coloring Pages or a Farm Coloring Book: Visit the Farm
Animals and Farm Related Coloring Pages and choose a selection
to assemble a coloring book with available book covers.
Little Boy Blue Shapes
Farmer or Shepherd
illustration only Templates below
Easy Shapes Little Boy Blue
Oval Hay Template
* white paper or card stock
*Try to dress in something blue
today - both educator and children.