children 18 months to 6 years old.
Print your choice of Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your
We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following
activities prior to using the puzzle:
After one of the above activities:
- Review letter H hare lesson plan.
- Read a book that has the
animal in the story or is the main character -- related literacy activities
in the hare
- Discuss some simple facts about the animal > visit this
activity > Learning
about Hares and Rabbits.
- Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make
- Give a special name that starts with the first
letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle
more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for
example: Hoppy the Hare
- Ask what colors are in the animals body
- Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together
and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the
template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
- Alphabet practice > Write the letter "H h" one or two
times in each piece and ask the child to search for the hidden
letters in the puzzle.
- Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done
(see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the
- Glue or tape the
small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an
envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example),
usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by
folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.
Hare or Jackrabbit Printable Puzzles
18 to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
on card stock is recommended
* Laminate for durability
Letter H Hare printable activities