> Letter H > H
is for Hare
Animals > Mammals
> Hare [or
Colors > Brown
Toys > Animal Progressive Puzzles
children 18 months to 6 years old
* Print your choice of the hare: Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4
* These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your
* We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following
activities prior to using the puzzle:
1. Read a book that has the
animal in the story or is the main character -- related activities
in the Hare
2. Discuss some simple facts about the animal - visit this
activity - Learning
about Hares and Rabbits.
3. Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make
4. Recommendation: Give a special name that starts with the first
letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle
more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for
example: Hoppy the Hare.
4. Ask what colors are in the animals body.
After one of the above activities:
1. Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together
and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the
template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
2. Alphabet Practice: Write the letter H h one or two
times in each puzzle piece and ask the child to search for the hidden
3. Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done
(see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the
* Glue or tape the
small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an
envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example)
usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by
folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.
* Note: We do not recommend plastic zip lock bags
since these are a suffocation hazard to children.
Storage Box Project:
* Use a large shoe box and cover and decorate if you desire with
wrapping paper and/or animal stickers. Place the puzzle envelopes
in the shoe box
without a lid so children can reach and store easily.
* Encourage children to put the puzzles back an envelope once
they are done using them, and put back into a special animal
puzzle box box
or plastic box.
Enjoy the puzzles!
Hare or Jackrabbit Printable Puzzles:
18 months to
to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
* If you print on regular
paper you need to glue unto a harder surface such as card board
from a cereal box, or the thin carton in shirt packaging and then
cut with sharp scissors (adults only)
* Printing the templates
on heavy duty card stock works best
* Cut and save the small image in the left upper corner of
the template, refer to the instructions for using this image.
* To make the puzzles more durable cover with clear contact paper.