Letter P > P
is for Pineapple
Colors > yellow and
Holidays and Events >
*March > National Nutrition Month
*June > Fruits & Vegetables Month
Nutrition > Fruits
Ages 2 to 6:
* Yummy, juicy, scrumptious pineapple! This is a fun way to practice or introduce the letter
colors yellow and green.
* This is also a wonderful activity to celebrate nutrition. a
summer tropical or island theme.
Activity > Nutrition > Fruit Group > Pineapple-
The International Welcome Sign
Visit the link above to learn about the fascinating history of the
pineapple. Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C.
Pineapple at Dole.com
> basic nutrition facts and search for an easy recipe to
enjoy pineapple. Emphasize on the 5-A-Day
Activity > Pineapple Name Tags
Skill > Learning to write name or letter P is for Pineapple.
Print and cut out pineapple tags. Have children practice
writing their first name or emphasize on letter P. Write name
or letter with dots or broken lines that they can trace.
Other uses educational uses for the pineapple tags.
1. Match concentration game:
Print tag template twice. On one template page write letter P in
upper case and lower case p on the other. This can be done
with numbers (1 to 6) as well. Cut out and play match.
2. Paper chain or garland: Cut one inch strips of green
construction paper across the width (6 or 12 strips). Write
letter P's on the strips. Paste pineapple tags in the middle
of the paper strips. Make the paper chain, count the links.
Activity > Craft > DLTK's
Have fun putting Paula Pineapple together:
* Print the craft template in your choice of color or black
* Now tell children they will make their very own Pineapple Fruity Buddy to remember the letter
* color and decorate template pieces,
review color recognition. The main colors are yellow for the
pineapple body and pulp, and green leaves.
* cut template pieces (younger children need assistance)
*2-3 year olds:
1. Write the letter P p (in upper case and lower case) on the head template on the desired locations for
pasting template pieces.
2. Have child put dots of glue on the P p's you printed on the
pineapple head template.
3. Give the pieces one by one to the child to place over the P p's
on the head template.
*3 and older: Do steps 1 and 2, and then allow them to
do as much as possible by themselves.
* Take a snack break: Eat cut-up pineapple and dip in flavored yogurt.
Activity > Alphabet Letter
Review and present letter P pineapple printable activities.
*Place Paula Pineapple in a place of
honor with related alphabet activities and refer to it during the
Letter P Pineapple printable activities
Pineapple name tags
Print in color or coloring format
* something to color (crayons, markers)
*glue or glue stick