Crafts | Farm Theme | Online Story time
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Alphabet > Letter M > M is for Mouse
Community Helpers > The Farmer
Crafts > Mouse Activity Set
Central character >
Bird | Dog | Horse | Sheep
Online Story Time >
Morris Special Day
This is a funny a delightful online story that all ages will enjoy. This young farmer is frantic! He has "lost" his beloved pet Morris the Mouse. Children will not know who is Morris until the end of the story. Let's go and find out where is he "hiding." In the process we are going to meet a bird, a bear, a dog, a horse and a sheep and Morris, the "lost" mouse. What's more we are going to find out how to say these animal words in Spanish just for fun!
To do before activities:
Before reading the story print out these coloring pages to use on a board or felt board for later discussion off line.
1. Print bear, bird , dog, sheep, horse and mouse to make felt board characters. Idea: print directly to color paper (different colors).
2. Print the same animals mentioned to help the children make a coloring book.
2. Morris, the Mouse: Print this mouse activity set in color or coloring format
Cut the large mouse template will be used to make a mouse hat with paper headband. The children will be Morris. Practice letter Mm and write M is for Mouse in the small rectangular card. The small oval can be attached to a pencil for a pencil decoration and practice tracing letter M mouse with this printable activities.
**The black and white version is a better choice so children can color the images the same color as the ones in the online story or print directly onto construction paper of the desired color.
Activity #1: Online
Morris Special Day
3. Discuss: Where was Morris? Was he lost? Discuss and practice letter Mm. Distribute the small mouse card with the Mm is for Mouse written on it.
4. Using the same images have the
children try to isolate which animals live on the farm and
which animals don't live on the farm but are wild.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/onlinestory/animals/morris.htm