The Tale of Peter the Rabbit | Crafts | Online Story time Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Themes||Activities and Suggestions||Materials|
> Letter R > Rabbit
Books > The Great Big Treasury of Beatrix Potter
> Pets > Rabbit
Ages: 3 an above
Activity #1: Read Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit (three options)
1. Here is a condensed & simplified version of Beatrix Porter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
2. The Tale of Peter Rabbit > read in HTML format | Flash format with audio - Ages 4+
A PRESENTATION OF THE OHIO UNIVERSITY TELECOMMUNICATIONS CENTER, ATHENS, OHIO
Here is complete text and illustrations of the story.
Print and mount the coloring pages suggested (use them black and white for the story) to construction paper. They can be decorated and colored after the story as an activity.
* Point to the coloring page illustrations as you read the story and this helps to introduce the characters.
Use a stuffed bunny rabbit toy as a prop and he can be the one to "read" the story or make a paper puppet that interacts with the children.
4. Read and discuss the story with the children:
* What is the most important message in this story? It is one about obedience and other important lessons that you may want to discuss at your discretion based on the age of the children.
This story has a few words that may be new to the children, so you may want to look them up to make sure the children understand them and acquire new vocabulary.
Discuss the sequence of events. What happened first, second, third.
Online Puzzle: The Tale of Peter Rabbit -click on image below:
Have fun with this 6-piece puzzle. The entire family can have fun with the puzzle, adapt the puzzle from 6 to 247 pieces.
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/onlinestory/animals/peterrabbit.htm