Flag Craft Note Holder | Various
Holidays | Shapes
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Alphabet > Letter H | Crafts > Shapes | Holidays and Events> Feb. 14th > Valentine's
Day - May > Mother's Day - Jun > Father's Day - Sep > Grandparent's Day
In this activity the children will learn about a holiday and have fun creating a useful and practical gift: Easy Shapes Flag Post-it Note Holder. Instead of the post-it note pad use a photo or child's drawing.
This activity and craft is suitable for the following holidays:
Saint Valentine's Day > February 14th
Mother's Day Holiday > Celebrated the second Sunday in May.
Father's Day Holiday > Celebrated the third Sunday in June. Online resource Wikipedia.org
National Grandparents Day - Celebrated in September, the first Sunday after Labor Day.
Activity 1 > History and Traditions of the Holiday
Ages 2 to 6:
1. Share some simple facts about the holiday celebrated using information from the links provided above.
2. Parents: Share and explain how your family celebrates the holiday and what traditions are observed. Examples: Special dinners, family get-togethers, gift giving, reading a book related to the holiday, visiting Grandparents, what special foods are prepared on that day.
3. Educators can share how the community in general celebrates the holiday.
Activity > Alphabet > H is for Heart > Introduce a related letter of the alphabet. Letter H is for Heart is appropriate for these holidays.
Activity > Craft > Easy Shapes Post-it Note Holder Flag - Ages 2+ (with help)
Young children can enjoy and also practice some important skills by making this craft and gift that will but a smile on the recipient's face. Adjust colors and related materials to reflect the holiday.
The templates in black and white were designed so that caregivers and families together with the children can express in them their favorite colors, their traditions and heritage.
* This craft activity will help children learn about colors, shapes, about the images in the card and about the holiday.
* The children will learn how fascinating it is to create a special gift using shapes and a variety of materials.
* Let's call this technique
"layering,." Using different shapes and images you layer
them to form another image or landscape. Go to the links and
print a template of your choice.
Shapes Post-it Note Holder Flag
Click to view large image
Template 1 - Blue Flag
Template 2 - Pink Flag
Black & White
Template 1 - Flag
Template 2 - People
Letter H is Heart Printable Activities
*construction paper or card stock, white or coordinating colors