Themes > Alphabet > Letter A - Apple | Nutrition > Fruits | Plants > Trees | Picnic | Seasons > Spring - Autumn
Holidays & Events > Mar > Nat'l Nutrition Month - Johnny Appleseed Day (Mar 11th) or Sep 26th - Apr > Arbor Day - Jun > Fruit & Vegetables Month
Turn a coloring page into a fun crafty project with a few items and printing in something other than white paper. This one can be used to depict Johnny Appleseed resting under an apple tree or a picnic scene.
Artist: Emmeline at age 5 in 2015
- light blue paper or lightweight construction paper sized to fit computer
- coloring tools
- a choice of one of these methods to paste apples to the tree:
- apple stickers (as depicted)
- fingerprint apples using washable paint or ink pad
- red dot marker / bingo maker
- cut red circles using a coin as a template, or trace over the tree and color them in
- glue stick, optional if pasting paper cut apples
- Print out the coloring page to light blue paper. Review similar coloring pages below.
- Color the image. Children should have a variety of coloring tools to have fun
- Apples: Decide on a number of apples to paste or dot in. Five apples for children under age 4. Up to ten apples for ages 4+, and practice counting.
- Add letter A and the word apple to the page (optional).
- Apple theme lesson plan: includes apple nutrition and other ideas.
- View this animated Disney classic video depiction of the American legend, Johnny Appleseed.
Coloring page for this project and similar ones that can be adapted:
1) Adjust margins if you have trouble fitting the template on one page, review Print Help for suggestions.
3) Click on the image in the bottom half of the screen to make that frame active. Then use the print function on your browser to print the active frame.