Alphabet Letter B Banana
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
> Letter B
Colors > Yellow
Holidays and Events >
Mar > Nat'l Nutrition Month
Jun > Fruit and Vegetables Month
Nutrition > Fruits > Bananas
Seasons > Summer
Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter B. Review related topics
in the themes column.
Visit the banana theme lesson plan activities and craft to incorporate this alphabet activity.
Nutrition > Fruits > Banana
A banana is a long, curved fruit that has a thick yellow skin. It grows in bunches on a tall tropical plant.
Alphabet Activity: Alphabet Letter B is for Banana
Children Ages 3 and under:
* Print a letter B coloring page Standard block or D'Nealian and print a banana coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter B words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter B's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the banana coloring page using yellow and write letter B b and the word banana on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6: Letter B Worksheet and Mini-Book:
These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter B's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
*Find the letter B's: Have the children find all the letter B's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
*Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the images in the worksheet.
Discuss other letter B words and images found in the worksheet. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other posters and coloring pages or even make a letter B classroom book. Review Letter B Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter B Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features letter B words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a banana behind the page or print a banana coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a banana and write letter B b.
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/b/banana..htm|