Alphabet Letter F Firefighter
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Letter F > F is for Firefighter
Community Helpers > Firefighter
Holidays & Events >
April 1st > Firefighter day
October > Fire Prevention Week
Safety > Fire Prevention
|Here are printable materials and some
suggestions to present letter F. The presentation
ideally should be part of firefighter
and fire prevention themed activities and/or crafts.
Community Helper Theme > The Farmer - Online Resources:
This is good opportunity to review the topic of the firefighter as a community helper. Present the main responsibilities of the firefighter and how important their job is to the community.
* What does a firefighter do?
* The Firefighter at Wikipedia.org
Alphabet Activity > Letter F is for Firefighter
Present and display your option of alphabet printable materials listed in the materials column.
* Finger and Pencil Tracing:
Trace letter F's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page (first presentation) or handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters with your choice of sharpened crayon, fine tip marker, coloring or regular pencil and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
* Find the letter F's: Have the children find all the letter F's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first. Visit each child to make sure they have identified the letter F's and then discuss the locations with the poster.
* Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page or worksheet.
Letter F words (initial consonant sound): Letter F Activity Worksheet and Mini Book
Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
This page and matching mini book can be used as part of Letter F program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related F words.
Discuss other letter F words and images: First 'brainstorm' and ask the children about other words that have that beginning sound and write them on a board (dry erase board) as the children come up with example. You can print letter f in a different bright color to make it stand out. If you have illustrated alphabet books you can also use images in them. You can also display other F posters and coloring pages or even make a letter F classroom book using coloring images or color posters. Visit Letter F Printable Materials to make your choice.
Incorporate high-frequency words that have letter F such as: for, five, from when composing sentences for the mini-book.
Letter F Word Search & Handwriting Practice:
The four and eight word search game features the word fire (featuring a firefighter) and letter F words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Make sure to include this activity as part of a fire prevention theme, story time activity.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw and color a farmer behind the lined paper or select and print a firefighter theme coloring page in the materials column to color after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper: encourage children to draw and color a firefighter and practice writing letter F f.
Letter F Activity Worksheet and Mini-Book
Available in D'Nealian and Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing | Writing paper
Firefighter | fire fighter | fireman coloring pages:
1 | 2 (child)
Fire truck | fire engine
coloring and writing materials
|To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/alpha/f/firefighter.htm|