Alphabet Letter N Nest
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities, Worksheets and Crafts
|Alphabet > Crafts > Letter N | Animals > Birds > Eggs | Homes - Houses | Seasons > Spring |
& Events > Jan 5th >
National Bird Day | May 4th >
Bird Day | May (2nd
Int'l Migratory Birds Day
Animals > Birds > Nest
A nest is a structure used by a bird to lay eggs and rear young. Nests are built in trees and other protected places using materials such as twigs and mud. Sea turtles make nests in the sand on ocean beaches. View this gallery of nests and click on an image to enlarge it.
Alphabet Activity > Letter N is for Nest
Present the letter N nest six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter N in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter N coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block. Print this a nest coloring page and print image behind the letter N page or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter N words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter N's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children ages 3+ and above: Present the Letter N Activity Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related N words.
Discuss other letter N words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display posters and coloring pages or make a letter N classroom book. For related images visit: Letter N Printable Activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter N's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter N's: Have the children find all the letter N's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter N Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features a nest and letter N words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a nest behind the page or print a nest coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a nest and write letter N n.
3. Crafts > Nest Theme Printable Crafts at DLTK's
Craft Option #1: Nest craft (3+ with help)
Here is a an adorable printable craft of a nest, eggs and a bird chick. Print your selection of color or coloring version. Children may want to decorate the nest with other materials birds would collect to make a nest: twigs, grass, thread, yarn, etc.
Craft Option 2: Bird mobile featuring a nest (4+ with help)
This is a wonderful craft and decoration. Read the instructions and educational ideas.