Ages: 3 to 6 Level: Preschool and
Kindergarten, VBS, Sunday school
- Easter Sunday is the most important
Christian festival of the year. It commemorates the
Resurrection of Jesus.
- Because this is such a special holiday for Christian families it
is important to present the information to young children in
a memorable way.
- Young children can enjoy having this event presented to them with
simple language, and explaining the meaning of some words that may be
new to them. This activity can be conducted any time of the
Activity 1: Read The Resurrection of Jesus Online
Activity 2: "He is Risen" Puzzle Craft
Visit First-School's Bible story adaptations: The Resurrection
of Jesus (Mathew 27) adapted for young children 3+ and older or (in the same page) He is Alive (John
20) adapted for children under 4 years old.
Please adapt the text to your particular
needs. Look at the bottom of the stories for
the meaning of some key words in the story to help in the
After reading the story the
children can practice putting the "He is Risen" puzzle
together that will also reinforce the reading of the story.
There are couple of methods to use the puzzle:
- Print your template of choice in color or black and white
- Child colors the template if applicable
- Cut excess paper around the template and laminate then cut pieces for a puzzle that can be used many
- You can also glue small pieces of sand paper to the back to use on
a felt board.
- Or recycled magnets and attach to the back and child can use on an
old cookie sheet or refrigerator door.
Activity 3: Coloring Page
Activity > The Resurrection
- Child colors the template
- Cut pieces, assemble and glue the pieces onto a piece of
paper or card stock.
- Once dry, cut around the image, make a hole on the top and
insert a pretty ribbon or yarn. Use as Christmas ornament, make a
greeting card or gift card .
This coloring page can be done on a different day to reinforce the
Encourage the children to color, paint and decorate the page.
Read the text at the bottom and review the Bible story
Activity 4: Easy
Shapes Greeting Card - He is Risen
If conducting this activity during the Easter holidays, children can
make greeting cards for family members and friends, that commemorate
this very important event.
Visit The Resurrection
of Jesus online story.
He is Risen Puzzle
Black & White
Alphabet Bible printable activities:
*A is for Angel
is for Jesus
page: The Resurrection