Cat Craft with Letter C Tail -
Alphabet Letter C
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
|Themes||Instructions and Suggestions||Materials|
C > C is for Cat
Letter K > K is for Kitten
Animals > Pets > Cat or Kitten
Colors > Orange or Dark Gray or your choice
Sleeping Cat or Kitten
Shapes > Circles, Triangles, Ovals
Number/Math > Counting
Holidays and Events >
This is an educational printable
craft that showcases shapes, and the tail is a letter C.
Review the animal cat lesson plan and alphabet lesson plans for C is for Cat or K is for Kitten that incorporates various activities to complement this craft.
Activity 1: Sleeping Cat or Kitten Craft and Learning Activities (Ages 2.5+)
Review printing and assembly options that best meet your needs. Before assembly conduct some of the learning activities suggested below:
Printing and assembly options for Cat or Kitten Craft
Note: The body (half circle) can be substituted with half of a small paper plate
Option 1: Print color template #1 & #2, in your choice of orange or dark gray, conduct first set of learning activities, cut out, conduct second set of learning activities below and assemble.
Option 2: Print black & white template #1 & 2 or replace template #2 with small/dessert paper plate - glue templates on the back. Children can color, paint or decorate first, proceed as above.
Option 3: Print black & white template #1 & #2 directly onto your choice of color craft paper and color in sections desired, such as the nose. Proceed as suggested above.
Other decorations and ideas:
1. Tape a ribbon or string to use as decoration or holiday ornament.
2. Add wiggly eyes and/or glue yarn over whiskers or use a hole punch next to whisker on either side, insert the yarn and tape in place. Older children can also use pipe cleaners using the same method.
3. Add stripes or with paints, crayons or markers
4. Make a Halloween scene with the cat against on top of a pumpkin (see this image for an example of the scene) or with smaller pumpkins around it or assemble and glue over a dark (night) background: black or dark blue construction paper with a half moon on the background.
7. This craft looks great in a grouping hanging at different lengths facing out windows or on bulletin boards for Halloween decorations with pumpkins and bat cut-outs as well.
Activity Part 1: Learning Activities to conduct before Cat / Kitten Craft assembly:
Choose from the activities below you feel are are appropriate for the children.
Shapes & Color Activity: (before template is cut-out)
1. Identify the shapes that are on template
#1: circles (face and body), ears (triangles) and paws/feet
(ovals). Disregard nose template for this activity. Discuss the colors, on the template
(orange or dark gray) or the
colors chosen by the children to color the pieces. Some children
like to discuss the colors as they choose them while coloring or
painting the templates.
2. Paste assembled head on body
circle or paper plate.
Note: Dark Gray version tends to print out quite darker that featured, so it may appear almost black
To view updates to these activities visit: http://www.first-school.ws/activities/crafts/animals/pets/cat_2.htm