Baker Crafts | Community Helper | Alphabet Letter B
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
| Note: There are four different crafts. Choose a craft that
is appropriate for the group size, age group and what best
meets your curriculum needs. Enjoy!
Activity 1 & 2: Introduction to
Community Helper: The Baker and present Letter B is for Baker
Activity 3: Baker Crafts: Review links in the materials column. Instructions for crafts #1 and #2 below. Instructions for DLTK crafts at their web page links.
Craft 1: Easy Shapes
Baker's Hat - Ages 2+
Objectives: Practice Shapes: Square & Circles, Scissor Cutting Skills
(3.5+), Counting, Small Motor Skills, Optional:Introduce
or Practice Letter Bb, Color: White
Craft 2: Easy
Baker Hand Puppet or Stand-up Figure - Ages 2+
- Print the Baker's
Hat Template with instructions. Print on white
construction paper or card stock. No coloring required.
- Ahead of time cut strips of white paper 3" to 4"
tall to make head bands that are 22 to 24 inches long - the
assembled hat will be glued onto the headband. Two
bands cut on paper lengthwise is the right size, tape together.
- Cut out the small illustration on the template and set next
to the child as a guideline of how the hat looks when assembled.
- The instructions will help you with shape, number and letter B
- Children and educator can wear the hat during the nursery rhyme
reading and other related activities.
- Print out this one puppet template for one child or
this two puppet template if many puppets are needed for a
larger group. Ideally print on sturdy paper:
construction or card stock in
a pastel color or light color such as yellow, pink, light
orange, so children can use white chalk, pastel or crayons to color
the baker's clothing.
- This is a good opportunity for scissor cutting practice along the dashed outline. Provide assistance as needed.
- Letter B practice: You may want to write letter B or Baker on the
image prior to distributing, and motivate the children to trace the
- Glue or tape a Popsicle stick/craft stick or against a
toilet paper tube and the children can hold and use during the
reading of the nursery rhyme later.
Baking, nutrition (bread and grains), multicultural activities,
literacy and sequencing activity
Activity 5: Literacy > Baking theme
Nursery Rhymes > Pat-a-cake
Fairy tales and folk tales >
* The Gingerbread
Man > A little old lady bakes a gingerbread man cookie.
* The Little Red Hen >
this folk tale takes children on a journey of the entire process of
planting wheat to the final product > baked bread or cake.
Shapes Baker's Hat
Baker Hand Puppet
Activity 1 & 2
Letter B Baker
Baker TP Roll Craft
Number Two Craft
Number Two Worksheet
* white paper or card stock
* Optional: craft sticks, toilet paper tubes
* coloring tools