Colors | Holidays & Events > Mar 17th > St. Patrick's Day > Printable Activities | Multicultural > Ireland | Shapes
St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Hat - Colors and
Preschool Printable Activity
More fun with St. Patrick's Day! Visit the complementary topics above to support this activity.
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- Print the color version for ages 4 and under or coloring version for ages 4+.
- Color version > features primary and secondary
- Trace hat's outline green. Tracing is an effective pre-writing skill.
- Identify each shape and color.
- Optional: Count the shapes > optional: write numbers in front or behind the shapes.
- Option 1: Cut out, match and glue shapes to the hat.
Option 2: Insert the hat portion into a sheet protector, and laminate the shapes to reuse the game.
- Coloring version > suggestion: print to light green paper
- Trace hat's outline green.
- Color the shamrock green.
- Color the shapes with designated colors > primary and secondary colors or colors you wish to practice.
Crafty idea > Make a Decoration:
- Paste St. Patrick's theme stickers inside the shapes.
- Cut loosely around the hat.
- Add string or ribbon to make an ornament or decoration.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) for optimal sizing or if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.