St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Hat - Colors and
Preschool Printable Activity
More fun with St.
Visit the complementary topics above to support this
Activity: Leprechaun Hat Colors and Shapes Printable Activity
Materials: printer with color ink, paper, scissors, glue [set margin at minimum]Skills: Pre-handwriting [tracing], shapes and colors recognition, counting, scissor cutting skills, hand and eye coordination [match and paste]
Print the color version for ages 4 and under or coloring version for ages 4+
Color version >
- Trace hat's outline green. Tracing is an effective pre-writing skill.
- Identify each shape and color
- Count the shapes > optional > write numbers in front or behind the shapes
- Cut out the shapes
- Match and paste the shapes on the hat
Coloring version >
- Suggestion: Print to light green paper
- Trace hat's outline green.
- Color the shamrock green
- Have children color the shapes with designated colors > primary and secondary colors, and one more color.
- Follow steps 2 to 5 above for color version.
Crafty idea > Make a Decoration
- Paste large craft sequins or small St. Patrick's theme stickers inside the shapes.
- Cut loosely around the hat.
- Add string or ribbon to make an ornament or decoration.