Holidays & Events > Jun > Zoo & Aquarium Month - Dec 27th > Visit the Zoo Day
Alphabet Letter L Leopard
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Animals > Wild Mammals > Big Cats > Endangered > Leopard
Review the leopard theme lesson plan and craft to present additional information, images, crafts and other educational activities.
Alphabet Activities > Letter L is for Leopard
Present the letter L leopard six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter L in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
L Leopard Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Letter L coloring page
Letter L Worksheet & Mini Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & writing
Drawing & writing paper
Leopard coloring pages
Children Age 3 and under:
- Print a
letter L coloring page D'Nealian or Standard
Block and a leopard coloring page
behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter L words found on the worksheet.
- Finger Tracing: Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also
sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on
their coloring page.
- Children can trace and color the letter L's. After completing
coloring the letter, encourage children to color the leopard image. Write the word leopard on the finished coloring page.
- Coloring Activity: Encourage the children to color the image in the coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6 > Letter L words (initial consonant sound):
Trace, color and give spots to the leopard:
- Printing > two methods: print to white paper, trace letters and word, and color the leopard yellowish-orange,
or print to bright yellow or orange paper, trace and give spots to the leopard.
- How to give spots to the leopard: Use fingerprints, bingo marker, Q-tips or the eraser of an unsharpened pencil dipped into black paint or washable ink pad.
- Discuss that the leopard's spots are for camouflage. Camouflage is a defense or tactic to blend in with the surroundings. The leopard's spots helps it to hide to catch prey.
Present the Letter L Worksheet and Mini Book program. These materials can be used to reinforce letter practice and to identify related L words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
Discuss other letter L words and images found in the worksheet. You can also display other L posters and
coloring pages or even make a letter L classroom book using coloring
images or color posters. Visit Letter
L Printable Activities to make your choice.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter L's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page or handwriting practice worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters, and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter L's: Have the children find all the letter L's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle or trace/shade them first.
Letter L Word Search & Handwriting Practice (select six word version): The six-word search game features a leopard and letter L words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
- Print your choice of printable
lined-paper and encourage children to draw a leopard behind
the page or print a leopard coloring
- Drawing and writing paper: to engage children in making an original drawing of a leopard and practice writing letter L in upper and lower case independently.