Alphabet Letter M Moon Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
- coloring & writing supplies
- sheet protectors for handwriting worksheets
1. The Moon is the planet's Earth natural satellite. A satellite is a heavenly body that moves around a planet or another larger body.
2. The Moon revolves around the Earth from west to east in about 28 days. The moon does not give off light. Instead, its shine comes from the light it reflects from the Sun.
3. On July 20th, 1969 was the first manned Moon landing on the Apollo 11 mission by American astronauts.
Alphabet Activities > Letter M is for Moon
Children age 3 and under:
Print a letter M coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a moon theme coloring page (view below) behind it or on a separate page if using paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter M words found on the worksheet.
Finger Tracing: Trace letter M's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children can trace and color the letter M's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the monkey coloring page and write letter M m and the word moon on the margins.
Handwriting worksheet tips:
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly.
During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Have the children find all the letter M's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them.
Children ages 3+:
Letter M words: Letter M Worksheet Program and Mini-Book (hard g sound) can be used as part of program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter G home or classroom book. For related images visit Letter M printable activities.
Letter M Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The word search game features the moon and letter M words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a moon scene behind the page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw and color a moon scene and write letter M m.
Moon theme coloring pages:
Moon displayed in