Here are printable activies and some
suggestions to present letter R. The presentation
ideally should be part of rat
themed activities and/or crafts.
Animals > Mammals > Rats
A rat is a small mammal with a pointed face and a very long tail. Rats are rodents that look like mice, but are larger. They are often kept as pets. The rat is one of the twelve animals represented in the Chinese zodiac.
Rats > Wikipedia.org - Rat pet care sheet courtesy of aspca.org
R Rat online jigsaw puzzle
Rat online jigsaw puzzle
Letter R coloring page
Letter R Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word search & writing
Drawing | Writing Paper
Present the letter R rat six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter R in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Children age 3 and under:
- Print a
letter R coloring page D'Nealian
Block font. Optional: Select and print a rat coloring page image on the
opposite blank side of the coloring image that is age appropriate.
- Finger Tracing: Trace letter R's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring
- Children can color and trace the letter R's following instructions. Use finger paints, crayons or water colors. Write the word rat on the finished coloring page.
- Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them
trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how
the number order aids them in the writing process.
- Find the letter R's: Have the children find all the
letter R's in upper and lower case on the worksheet words and encourage them to circle
- Discuss other letter R words and images found in the worksheet. Make a home or classroom letter R book or coloring book. Visit Letter R Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter R Word
Search & Handwriting Practice:
The four and six word search game features a rat and letter R words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Independent Handwriting:
- Print your choice of printable
lined-paper and encourage children to draw a rat behind
the page or print a rat
coloring page to color after writing practice.
- Drawing and writing paper. Encourage children to draw and color a rat and write letter R. r.