Holidays & Events > Jan. 26 > Australia Day · Jun > 8th World Oceans Day · Zoo & Aquarium Month · Jul 14 > Shark Awareness Day · Seasons > Summer > Beach
Suggested grade: kindergarten and first grade after the basic alphabet sounds have been mastered.
Animals > Ocean | Seashore > Fish > Shark
Review the shark theme for animal facts, online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
- coloring & writing supplies
Consonant Digraph /Sh/
Sh Digraph Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Drawing & Writing Paper
Sharks coloring pages
Alphabet Activities > Consonant Digraph Sh Shark
- Print consonant digraph Sh coloring page D'Nealian
Block font. Select and print an age apropriate shark coloring page on the back or on a separate sheet.
- Finger Tracing: Trace digraph Sh in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring
- Children can color and trace digraph Sh following instructions. Use finger paints, crayons or water colors. Write Sh and the word star or starfish on the finished coloring page.
Advance Kindergarten and First Grade:
- Present the consonant digraph Sh worksheet and mini-book. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
- Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them
trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how
the number order aids them in the writing process.
- Find the letter S's: Have the children find all the
letter S's in upper and lower case on the worksheet words and encourage them to circle
- Discuss other letter S words and images found in the worksheet. Make a home or classroom letter S book or coloring book. Visit Letter S Printable Activities to make your choice.
Advanced Independent Handwriting:
- Print your choice of printable
lined-paper and encourage children to draw a rat behind
the page or print a shark
coloring page to color after writing practice.
- Drawing and writing paper. Encourage children to draw and color a crab and write letter Ss.