Review the star theme for all the lesson plans and printable activitties for this theme.
Animals > Ocean | Seashore > Star fish or Sea Star
Review the starfish theme lesson plan activities for animal facts, online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
Outer Space theme | Shapes > Star theme
A star has a number of meanings, here are the two most common:
- Any of a vast number of heavenly or
celestial bodies visible from earth as points of light in the night
- a design or shape with five or six points that emerge from a
More information and images at Wiktionary
Online puzzle Letter S:
sand dollar, sea snail, starfish
Letter S coloring page
Letter S Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & Writing Paper
Star · Starfish · Sea Star coloring pages
- coloring & writing supplies
Children age 3 and under:
- Print a
letter S coloring page D'Nealian
Block font. Select and print an age apropriate star theme coloring page on the back or on a separate sheet.
- Finger Tracing: Trace letter S's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the
letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring
- Children can color and trace the letter S's following instructions. Use finger paints, crayons or water colors. Write the letter S s and the word star or starfish on the finished coloring page.
Children Ages 3+ to 6 - beginning letter S sound:
- Present the letter
S worksheet and mini-book. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
- Encourage the children to trace the dotted letters and demonstrate the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them
trace the letter correctly. Count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how
the number order aids them in the writing process.
- Find the letter S's: Have the children find all the
letter S's in upper and lower case on the worksheet words and encourage them to circle
- Discuss other letter S words and images found in the worksheet. Make a home or classroom letter S book or coloring book. Visit Letter S Printable Activities to make your choice.
Letter S Word
Search & Handwriting Practice:
The four or eight word search game features a a star or starfish, and letter S words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Independent Handwriting:
- Print your choice of printable
lined-paper and encourage children to draw a rat behind
the page or print a star theme
coloring page to color after writing practice.
- Drawing and writing paper. Encourage children to draw and color a crab and write letter Ss.