Alphabet Letter T Toad
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
Animals > Amphibians > Toad
A toad is a small animal that looks like a frog and has dry, rough skin. Toads are amphibians, but live mostly on land rather than in or near water.
Visit the toad theme lesson plan activities for animal facts, online learning resources, crafts and other activities to incorporate with this alphabet presentation.
T Toad Online Jigsaw Puzzle
Letter T coloring page
Letter T Worksheet & Mini- Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Writing
Drawing & writing paper
Present the letter T Toad six-piece online jigsaw puzzle to practice problem solving and view letter T in upper and lower case. Adjust number or pieces using the Change Cut button on the left.
Children Age 3 and under:
* Print a letter T coloring page D'Nealian or Standard Block and a toad coloring page behind it or on a separate page if using finger paints to decorate later. Discuss other letter T words found on the worksheet.
* Finger Tracing: Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
* Children can trace and color the letter T's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the teddy bear coloring page. Write the word toad on the margins.
Children Ages 3+ to 6: Alphabet - beginning sound letter T
Present the Letter T Worksheet and Mini Book program. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book. These materials be used to reinforce letter recognition, initial handwriting practice and to identify related T words.
Discuss other letter T words and images found in the worksheet. Display posters and coloring pages or make a letter T classroom book. For related images visit: letter T printable activities.
Finger and Pencil Tracing: Trace letter T's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on your worksheet.
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers (on the upper right corner) that help them trace the letter correctly. During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Find the letter T's: Have the children find all the letter T's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them first.
Letter T Word Search & Handwriting Practice: The four and six word search game features a toad and letter T words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced independent handwriting practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper and encourage children to draw a toad behind the page or print a toad coloring page.
2. Drawing and writing paper: Encourage children to draw, color and decorate a toad and write letter T t.
Toad Coloring Pages: