Holidays & Events > Mar or Apr > Easter > Palm Sunday - Oct 2nd > World Farm Animals Day - Dec 25th > Christmas > The Nativity
This donkey craft is deceivingly easy to assemble, and very versatile to extend the crafting activity for older children. Visit the donkey
theme for various related activities.
Be sure to include the matching alphabet printable activities.
- paper or card stock
- coloring tools for black & white templates
- Optional: 2 brass fasteners to attach legs
- Optional: additional construction paper for a landscape depiction.
- Printing options: 1. Print color template, 2. Print B&W template directly to color paper of your choice, 3. Print B&W and color in.
- Craft assembly: The template has a detailed numbered assembly diagram.
Note: For children under age five, I recommend adult assembles and pairs the legs in step 1 and 2 first.
- Paste leg #1 slanted over leg #2,
- Paste leg #3 slanted over leg #4.
- Paste the paired legs under the body or use brass fasteners to make the legs movable.
- Paste the head.
- Paste the tail.
- Optional: Write letter Dd donkey in the body or behind the craft (or Bb burro or Mm mule).
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Other decorations and ideas for the craft:
- Habitat landscape: a depiction of the wild desert donkey (burro) or a donkey in a grassy meadow or farm.
- Materials: construction paper for background, and use remnants of color paper for the accessories: sun, grass, cacti, etc.
- Tape a ribbon, string or a piece of magnet to the back to use as a decoration or ornament.
- Puppet > glue to a craft stick, unsharpened pencil or
drinking straw for an instant puppet.