- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- masking tape
Craft Instructions > Police officer Hat
To pay tribute to the police officer and their dedication to serve
and protect the community, the children will assemble a simple
police officer hat and wear a badge. Children love to
dress up and do dramatic play, and this will be a welcomed and fun
- Print template of your choice. The B&W format is ideal to match to the uniform colors in your community.
- Color templates if applicable.
- Once you print the template there is enough paper left over on the right side to cut three paper strips lengthwise using a ruler. Tape the strips together to form the headband (about 22 inches) as illustrated in the template.
- Glue the hat template in the center of the paper headband. Adjust around forehead, tape, and cut excess paper.
- The badge can be attached safely to clothing with masking tape/painter's tape.
Optional > Police vest using a large paper grocery bag.
- With the bag opened, make a large round opening on the bottom for the head and cut the bag open along the front.
- Make round holes on the sides for arm holes.
- Close and lay the bag flat and children can paint the front using tempera paint and using a sponge.
- Cut a long strip of black construction paper to form a belt - just for the front where is painted, and glue on the bag when the paint is dry.
- Attach the badge and the vest is ready to wear.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Complimentary printable activities:
Activity: Police officer lesson plan activities > Learning about the role of the police officer, crime prevention and a picture book.
Activity: Letter P is for Police Officer lesson plan printable activities.