Alphabet > Crafts > Letter G · Colors > White - black · Holidays & Events > Oct. 31st > Halloween [español]
- white paper
- glue stick
The craft for this activity is a simple and printable ghost mini-windsock.
A windsock is a conical tube used to tell wind direction and speed or as a decoration.
The main skills to practice with the craft are:
- Following a set of four steps of assembly
- Scissor cutting skills
- Recognizing different lines: solid, dashed and dotted lines.
- Shapes > identifying ovals > eyes and mouth of the ghost
- Colors > identifying white and black
- Print template.
- Handle for the windsock > Cut a strip of paper along the long
side of the template.
This paper strip will be used to make a handle. Set aside to attach later. Adult should help with this step.
- Discuss what is a dashed, dotted and solid line and identify these in the template.
Tell the children they are going follow steps to make a fun ghost
- Step 1: Cut close to the dashed line, all around the template.
Step 2: Cut along the dotted lines. Stop where
the dotted line ends.
Optional: add glitter glue to the template, wait to dry and continue to step 3.
Step 3: Apply glue to area marked with an upper case
letter G and affix to the underside of lower case letter g.
The word ghost, starts with letter g. Demonstrate how this is done.
Step 4: Help children attach the handle to the
undersides of the windsock with tape, glue or stapler.
Good JOB, the ghost is ready!
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Template: Ghost Mini-Windsock Craft
Complimentary printable activities: