Alphabet > Crafts > Letter J · Letter P · Colors > Orange & Black · Holidays & Events > Oct. 31st > Halloween · Plants > Nutrition > Vegetables > Pumpkins · Autumn [español]
Jack-o'-lantern Mini-Windsock Craft · Letter J Halloween Preschool Printable Activity
- white paper or print directly to orange paper
- glue stick
The craft for this activity is a simple and printable jack-o'-lantern mini-windsock.
A windsock is a conical tube used to tell wind direction and speed or as decoration.
The main skills to practice with the craft are:
- Following a set of four steps of assembly
- Scissor cutting skills
- Recognizing different lines: solid, dashed and dotted lines.
- Colors > identifying orange: the mixing of two primary colors, red and yellow.
- Print template and color, or print directly to orange paper.
- Handle for the windsock > Cut a strip of paper along the long
side of the template,
use a black or orange ribbon about 12 inches long. Set aside to attach later. Adult should help with this step.
- Discuss what is a dashed, dotted and solid line and identify these in the template.
Tell the children they are going follow steps to make a fun ghost
- Step 1: Cut close to the dashed line, all around the template.
Step 2: Cut along the dotted lines. Stop where
the dotted line ends.
Optional: add glitter glue to the template, wait to dry and continue to step 3.
Step 3: Apply glue to area marked with a upper case
letter J and affix to the underside of lower case letter J.
The word jack-o'-lantern, starts with letter Jj. Assist with this step.
Step 4: Help children attach the handle to the
undersides of the windsock with tape, glue or stapler.
Good JOB, the ghost is ready!
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Jack-o'-lantern Mini-Windsock Craft: color B&W
Complementary printable activities:
Autumn > Halloween > Pumpkins >