Hare or Jackrabbit Printable Puzzles | Homemade Toy
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
children 18 months to 6 years old.
Print your choice of Stage 1, 2,
3 or 4.
These printable animal puzzles are designed to grow with your child's abilities.
- paper or card stock
- pen or fine tip marker
- Used envelope for storing the puzzle
- Optional: laminate
Hare or Jackrabbit Printable Puzzles
18 to 24 months approx
2+ to 3 years approx
3+ to 4 years approx
4+ to 6 years approx
Letter H Hare printable activities
We recommend that you include one or a combination of the following activities prior to using the puzzle:
- Review letter H hare lesson plan.
- Read a book that has the animal in the story or is the main character -- related literacy activities in the hare theme.
- Discuss some simple facts about the animal > visit this activity > Learning about Hares and Rabbits.
- Mimic the movements or sounds that the animal might make - hopping.
- Give a special name that starts with the first letter in the animals word. This will make the animal puzzle more special to the child and reinforce the alphabet letter, for example: Hoppy the Hare
- Ask what colors are in the animals body
- Present the puzzle to the child and allow child to put together and show briefly the small image on the upper left corner of the template so the child has a glimpse of the finished puzzle.
- Alphabet practice > Write the letter "H h" one or two times in each piece and ask the child to search for the hidden letters in the puzzle.
- Encourage child to store puzzle away after s/he is done (see recommendations for storage below)
Tips on how to store the puzzles:
- Glue or tape the small image (in the left-upper corner of the template) to an envelope. You can use those large left-over greeting card envelopes (from Christmas for example), usually these are bigger or create custom made envelopes by folding a piece of paper in half, close sides with tape.