Cherries and Cherry Tree Theme
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Make sure to have a selection of cherries to show
and present to the children:
Activity 1 > Topics > Health and Nutrition > Plants > Trees > Cherries
- A cherry is a small, round fruit that grows on a tree. It is red, yellow, or purple in color and has a hard pit (seed) in the center.
- It is a kind of tree or shrub of the rose family grown for its showy flowers, its sweet or sour fruit, and for lumber.
- The wood of the cherry tree.
Visit choosecherries.com for fun nutritional facts, snacks, and recipes
Activity 3 > Consonant Digraph Ch Cherries printable activities
Activity 4 > Cherries Theme Crafty Ideas
Dress a Tree with Cherries
Cherry theme coloring pages below [click on images to print]
- Select a coloring page.
- Have children color the image first.
- Children can decorate the tree with "cherries": painted fingerprints (poster paint or washable ink pad), red round stickers or red paper cut-outs using a small coin as a template.
- Have children add five or ten cherries in clusters.
- Have them count them to practice numerals and number order.
- Placemat > Cut out and have children make a collage placemat on green construction paper.
- Hat or crown > cut a strip of green construction 3-4 inches
wide to fit around the head. Have children paste the
cherries. Older children can write Ch or numbers
inside the cherries.
Other uses for the cherries template: counters, nametags, or to decorate a large bulletin board cherry tree (name of the students on it) or large calendar numbers.
Coloring pages to decorate with cherries: