Christmas Tree Fun with Colors and
Shapes Preschool Printable Activity
More fun with Christmas trees!
- paper or card stock
- coloring tools for B&W template
Instructions:Skills: Pre-handwriting [tracing], shapes and colors recognition, counting, scissor cutting skills, hand and eye coordination [match and paste]
Print the color version for ages 4 and under or coloring version for ages 4+
Color version >
- Identify each shape and color
- Count the shapes > optional > write numbers in front or behind the shapes
- Cut out the shapes
- Match and paste the shapes on the tree
- Write a short holiday message or child's name in the tree base
Coloring version >
- Suggestion: Print to light green paper.
- Have children trace and color the shapes with designated colors > primary and secondary colors, and one more color.
- Follow steps 3 to 5 above for color version.
Crafty idea > Make an Ornament
- Paste large craft sequins or small seasonal stickers inside the shapes.
- Cut loosely around the tree.
- Add string or ribbon to make an ornament.
1) Adjust margins if you have trouble fitting the template on one page, review Print Help for suggestions.
3) Click on the image in the bottom half of the screen to make that frame active. Then use the print function on your browser to print the active frame.