Alphabet Letter A Aquarium
Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities and Worksheets
- coloring & writing supplies
- sheet protectors for handwriting worksheet for repeated use
Animals > Ocean · Aquatic Animals > Pets > Aquarium
An aquarium can be defined two ways.
- A tank or other container (fish bowl) filled with
water in which water animals and plants are kept. This
container is also called a fish tank.
- A building where water (aquatic) animals are kept, displayed and studied. An aquarium can be within a public aquarium, a marine park or zoo.
Alphabet Activities > Letter A is for Aquarium
Present the color poster and select the activities of your choice.Children age 3 and under:
Trace letter A's in upper and lower case with your finger as you also sound out the letter. Invite the children to do the same on their coloring page.
Children can trace and color the letter A's. After completing coloring the letter, encourage children to color the image. Write the word aquarium on the finished coloring page.
Handwriting worksheet tips:
Encourage the children to trace the dotted letter, and explain the direction of the arrows and numbers that help them trace the letter correctly.
During the demonstration, you may want to count out loud as you trace so children become aware of how the number order aids them in the writing process.
Have the children find all the letter A's in upper and lower case on the page and encourage them to circle them.
Children ages 3+:
Letter A words: Letter A Worksheet Program and Mini-Book (short a sound) can be used as part of program of activities to reinforce letter practice and to identify related words. Read suggested instructions for using the worksheet and mini-book.
You can also display letter posters and coloring pages or make a letter A home or classroom book. For related images visit: Letter A Printable Activities.
Letter A Word Search Game & Handwriting Practice: The four and eight word search game features an aquarium (fish tank) and letter A words with pictures and handwriting practice.
Advanced Handwriting Practice:
1. Print your choice of printable lined-paper. Have children draw an an aquarium scene behind the lined paper or print an an aquarium coloring page to color and decorate after writing practice.
2. Drawing and writing paper:The upper drawing box represents the aquarium.
Aquarium Craft: The Bottom of the Sea Five Fish in a Fish bowl (aquarium or fish bowl) Aquarium coloring pages
Letter A coloring page
Letter A Worksheet & Mini-Book
D'Nealian & Standard block
Word Search & Handwriting
Drawing & Writing Paper