The Resurrection of Jesus
| Printable Puzzle Craft
Lesson Plan Activities
Ages: 3 to 6 Level: Preschool and Kindergarten, VBS, Sunday school
- Easter Sunday is the most important Christian festival of the year. It commemorates the Resurrection of Jesus.
- Because this is such a special holiday for Christian families it is important to present the information to young children in a memorable way.
- Young children can enjoy having this event presented to them with simple language, and explaining the meaning of some words that may be new to them. This activity can be conducted any time of the year.
Activity 1: Read The Resurrection of Jesus Online
Visit the Bible story adaptations: The Resurrection of Jesus (Matthew 28) adapted for young children 3+ and older or (in the same page) He is Alive (John 20) adapted for children under 4 years old.
Please adapt the text to your particular needs. Look at the bottom of the stories for the meaning of some key words in the story to help in the reading.
After reading the story the children can practice putting the "He is Risen" puzzle together that will also reinforce the reading of the story.
- white paper o card stock
- coloring tools for the B&W template
- glue stick
- Print your template of choice in color or black and white
- Child colors the template if applicable
- Cut excess paper around the template and laminate then cut pieces for a puzzle that can be used many times.
- You can also glue small pieces of sand paper to the back to use on a felt board.
- Or recycled magnets and attach to the back and child can use on an old cookie sheet or refrigerator door.
- Child colors the template
- Cut pieces, assemble and glue the pieces onto a piece of paper or card stock.
- Once dry, cut around the image, make a hole on the top and insert a pretty ribbon or yarn. Use as Christmas ornament, make a greeting card or gift card.
Shapes Greeting Card - He is Risen
If conducting this activity during the Easter holidays, children can make greeting cards for family members and friends, that commemorate this very important event.
Bell Angel Craft
This activity focuses on the angel theme. An angel appears to Mary Magdalene and the other Mary while visiting the tomb.
1) Adjust margins if you have trouble fitting the template on one page, review Print Help for suggestions.
3) Click on the image in the bottom half of the screen to make that frame active. Then use the print function on your browser to print the active frame.