Observance > Aug 22nd > National Honey Bee Day | Spring | Summer
The bee is such fun insect to explore as we can all learn so much from the beneficial things that it does. Let's explore this animal and make an easy craft. We can address many other basic concepts and skills.
- paper or card stock or print directly to yellow paper
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
Craft instructions and learning activities:
- Learning activities to conduct before craft assembly:
- Shapes & Colors Activity: Ask children to identify the shapes and colors on the
- Numbers/Pre-Math Activities: Templates should be decorated and cut out. Count the templates and organize them in the order of assembly.
- Shapes & Colors Activity: Ask children to identify the shapes and colors on the template.
- Craft assembly: Show the small image
provided in the template to help the children positioning the pieces.
- Paste head on body.
- Paste wings behind body slightly slanted. Optional: place wax paper wings (refer to instructions below)
- Optional: Write letter B b, and the word bee in the body or behind the craft.
- Optional: Tape a craft stick for a hand puppet.
Other ideas for the craft:
- Wax Paper Wings - Use the wing template as a guideline to cut an extra pair of wax paper wings.
Trace on the non-waxy side with a felt marker. Glue only to the
section of the paper wing that will be glued to the bee's body.
This will create a double set of wings and these will flutter when the
children shakes the bee.
- Valentine's Day "Bee Mine" - Print the black and white version directly to pink craft paper. Fill in the dots, tail and center stripe with red color. Write message in the back or on the wide front stripe.
Matching alphabet letter B bee printable activities
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.