Goats Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities - Three Billy Goats Gruff Fairy Tale
These are a series of activities to present
1. Animals > The goat >
The goat is an animal with hooves, hollow horns, and rough hair. Goats are mammals that are raised for their milk, wool, and meat. They are closely related to sheep.
Learn about goats at:
- Domestic Goat > Wikipedia.org
- Wild goat | Ibex (wild mountain goat) > at Wikipedia.org
- Chinese New Year: The goat is one of the twelve animals represented in the Chinese zodiac. In the Japanese zodiac it is the sheep.
Goat online jigsaw puzzle
Letter G Goat printable activities
Goats coloring pages
Troll coloring page
Online jigsaw puzzle
Three Billy Goats Gruff
Wild goat craft
Review other printables in the lesson plan
Here are two online jigsaw puzzles the children will enjoy. The first puzzle features the troll and the three Billy goats at the bridge, a scene from the fairy tale story. The second puzzle features a fun goat and links to English and Spanish activities.
3. Alphabet activities: Letter
G Goat Printable Activities >
Introduce or reinforce letter recognition and early handwriting
4. Craft activities: DLTK's printable Goat theme crafts > assembled using a toilet paper tube in the materials column.
5. Goats and troll coloring pages for puppets and display
Print a selection goat coloring pages to represent the Billy goats and a troll coloring page on sturdy card stock paper to make a puppets.
Color, cut out and attach a craft stick to the back. Take turns retelling the fairy tale.
7. Video Story time > Three Billy Goats Gruff
Read and share this classic Norwegian fairy tale. Here are
two video versions.
Version 1: Paul Galdone's book read aloud video and find @ a library
Version 2: @ Toddler Time Learning Channel
Geography > Identify and locate Norway in an atlas map or globe. Discuss some basic facts about Norway.