Holidays & Events> Apr > National Frog Month · Numbers | Math > Shapes · Seasons > Spring
Frog or Toad Craft Jumping or Swimming Preschool Lesson Plan Printable Activities
Young children will have fun making an easy and fun craft of a swimming or jumping frog or toad. Many basic skills can be addressed during and after the craft assembly process. Other printable support materials and links to related activities are provided.
- paper, construction paper or card stock
- coloring tools for B&W template
- glue stick
- Optional: brad or brass fastener for movable extremities
Printing options: 1. Print color template, 2. Print B&W template directly to color paper of your choice, or, 3. Print B&W and color in.
Learning activities to conduct before craft assembly:
Shapes & Colors Activity: Ask children to identify any and colors on the template if using the color template: oval body and head, circle eyes and small circles on the feet, etc.
Counting and number recognition: Count how many templates are needed to assemble the craft. Count the legs and point to the numbers 1 to 4 and how these are matched for placement on the oval body template. You may want to write numbers on the blank side of the remaining templates in the order of assembly.
Review the following steps with the children and they can refer to the small image on the template.
- Paste smile template between the cheek curves on the head template.
- Paste eyes centered above head.
- Paste assembled head on the bottom of the oval under number 3 and 4.
- Paste the legs in numerical order from one to four using the small picture as a guide, assist to attach these with brass fasteners.
- Close template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero (minimum) if you have trouble fitting the template on one page or review Print Help.
Science & Social Studies: Learning about Frogs and Toads
Character Education - Aesop's Fables: Read, view video or print and discuss one of these fables:
Alphabet printable activities.